Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Contributing sponsors include:
Beasley Media Group
Cherry Creek Media
Good Karma Brands
StateNets Media Solutions
2021 Radio Show Student Scholars Event
Thursday, November 4 | 11:00 am - 1:00 pm ET
Get a head start on your career in radio! Back by popular demand, the Student Scholars offers college undergraduate and graduate students to meet with top names in the radio industry. Students will also be able to attend virtually on November 4 for a series of educational content geared towards students, through mentor match-ups and a group executive session.
11:00 - 11:45 am ET | From the Top: Radio Unplugged
In this exclusive session, RAB president & CEO, Erica Farber will introduce the Student Scholars to some of the industry’s most successful and thoughtful broadcasters. During this candid conversation, students will learn about careers in radio, discover industry opportunities, and find out what it takes to lead and succeed.
Erik Hellum, Chief Operating Officer, Local Media for Townsquare Media; Overseeing 321 radio stations and digital marketing services in 67 markets
Mike Hulvey, Chief Operating Officer, Neuhoff Communications; Neuhoff which own and operate 23 radio stations in Illinois and Indiana
Jeff Warshaw, Founder and CEO of Connoisseur Media; Currently owns market-leading radio clusters in regions including Nassau-Suffolk, NY, Stamford-Norwalk, Bridgeport and New Haven in CT, and Frederick, MD
12:00 - 1:30 pm ET | Mentor Match-up break-out sessions
We are offering you exclusive "Mentor Match-up" sessions. Each mentor works at one of the companies that sponsors the program. Mentors will spend 30 minutes with small groups of students. Sign-ups will be avilable the last week of October.
Students selected to the Radio Show Student Scholars Program will receive:
- Complimentary Radio Show registration. The scholarship covers the cost of registration only.
- Invitations to pre-conference activities including the Radio Show Scholars Orientation and several exclusive events produced for the Scholars.
- Mentoring opportunities at the conference.
- Announcement and promotion of the Radio Show Scholars will take place before, during and after the conference, providing exposure for the scholars selected.
- The program will start at 9:00 am on Wednesday, October 13th.
Deadline to Apply
October 4 or when all slots are full
• Applicants must be full-time graduate student or students entering junior or senior year at a BEA member college/university or students actively involved in their campus radio station with a letter of recommendation from their advisor.
• Minimum GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0
• Completed Radio Show Scholar Application
• Email of endorsement from a faculty member or advisor
• :30-:60 Promotional video/audio: please tell us a little about yourself and why you want to be in radio. (optional)
Thanks to the radio broadcasting partners underwriting the Radio Show Student Scholars program:
|Neuhoff Media||Neuhoff Media|